Project: Revealed

Like our class monitor has announced, today, is the day where the project which I did since 12 December is released. Okay, the project is our class website. It is accessible at http://ant.t15.org. I thought I could release it by the semester exam, but I were so busy that I was postponed until the exam, i.e. I got more free-time on examination. It is intended for us to access resources from our Dropbox account via the website, because sharing links in Dropbox is too mainstream complicated.

Actually, this project is using most of the unreleased 2nd version of Lihat Masalah’s site-design and site-interface. Also combined with the first version of Lihat Masalah’s database. This project includes a new feature besides direct access to Dropbox: posting news and announcements. This project also uses the latest version of CKEditor: the 4th version. Lihat masalah has been using the 3rd version all the time. There is news sharing feature that utilize Facebook API, Twitter API, and Google+ API. There is one more to add: Bit.ly API. Woah, this is the first time I use API that much.

I revealed this website to Leonard on 23 December and he approved it. I was so happy to receive that news that I could not stop smiling. From that date, I worked more and more seriously on this project.

Today soon after the website was announced, there were bugs here and there, but they were resolved quickly. This website received positive reactions from ANT-ers.

I intend to post each profile of ANT member, so after we graduated, we still can access this website and find others’ profiles. I hope this project will be the basis of the 2nd version of Lihat Masalah, which I hope [again] can host a programming competition.

Visit ANT’s website at http://ant.t15.org.

Working!

It’s a secret. I’m working on a secret project. It is a website, initially intended to be an update to the “Lihat Masalah” project, but I removed and changed and added some elements so that the project could fit what the purpose of the project.

Actually, I’m now stuck. I wanted to add Dropbox integration to the website using Dropbox’s REST API, but I’m having trouble in implementing it. Maybe because it is too deep in detail. Well, the first time I read PHP manual, I was also confused, but when I have developed some PHP page, I’m used to it. End of technical story.

My target for the release of this project is on the end of 2012 (31 December, not 21 December, haha). I hope I could done that in time as now I have exams on school. I will also spending my time on the intensive tuition that will be held on the last week of 2012. No holiday for this end of year :'( . These tuitions are for preparation of NTU and NUS Entrance Examination that will be held mid-January and early-February next year.

Also, I think I will reintegrate this project with “Lihat Masalah” project, maybe after High School National Examination, where we weren’t at school (primary and secondary education) any more; and we will have a forever holiday (if we don’t enrol in tertiary education, :) )