21 May 2016
Today is Vesak Day in Singapore.
I went with NTUBS friends to Buddhist Fellowship in the morning, enjoying their Vesak Carnival, met some seniors, and listened to the Dharma talk. Today, the talk was quite “light” but still inspiring. The venerable talked about the significance of Three Refuges and Five Precepts. After that, I went back to NTU, to catch up with an online meeting with Indonesian Wikipedia admins, but the internet connection is bad so I can’t really join their meeting.
I’d like to spend this Vesak to reflect on authenticity, more specifically, on peer pressuring and conformity.
13 May 2016
Wow, it’s been quite long since the last time I updated my blog, so there are several notable points that happened since mid-March:
- I finished the group projects of CZ4034 Information Retreival quite on time (after numerous long-meetings), CZ4041 Machine Learning quite on deadline, and CZ4046 Intelligent Agents quite well.
- My group presented in HW0310 Professional Communication, and I was delighted to see a quite positive feedback from the tutor.
- I submitted CE2004 Circuits and Signal Analysis lab reports, and received back the first one, with quite below average feedback.
- I went through CZ3007 Compiler Techniques labs and quiz; and surprisingly I got a very good grade in the quiz and labs.
- I finished a freelance task on doing a website design; and is currently occupied in doing a CRM system.
- I went through the exams
- CE2004: very difficult and I went blank on two subquestions
- CZ3007: very well
- CZ4041: quite good
- CZ4046: not that good, I was really unsure of a whole question
- CZ4034: quite okay
- I will have summer internship at Titansoft, starting next week.
- I will be moving to another room at another block in the same hall around end of next week.
- FYP: Not much progress, I read through a paper on Assumption-based Argumentation; and then I found another paper describing what I am supposed to do: Argumentation Graph & Assumption-based Argumentation. I just started to do the implementation and hopefully everything went well.
- Wikimania: I received a Wikimania 2016 scholarship; and after numerous email exchanges with WMF PIC on visas to obtain the documents, I applied for Italian visa, and was approved a Schengen visa
That’s the TL;DR. I realized that there are a lot of details that I can write on, but most of them are still on draft and it hasn’t been completed yet.
30 January 2016
It’s the end of January and I haven’t posted anything -_-
Last time when I had time to write something, my website was down for few days due to misconfiguration.