We’ve reached the end of 2020. What a year!
2020 was full of unexpected twists and encounters. If you asked me last year whether I’ll be in the current position, I would say no. Rest assured there’s so much more that can be contained in this one post.
Well, this year, this blog has been quiet. There are more Instagram cross-post here than there are new text-based posts in this blog. There are only 4 non-photo posts. It’s not without effort though, I have 12 more posts in the drafts! The reason of not publishing them is just because I lost interest before I finished writing, and sometimes after I finished, I found that the central argument was quite weak and didn’t deserve publication.
Anyway, this post is about reviewing 2019, not to rant about why I published so little.
I started this post pretty late in the year. I hope I could finish it in time.
So 2018 had been a mixed year to me. I had fun, I cried; I met new people, I said goodbye; I reminisced with the past, I started to plan for the future.
I’ve been writing this post for quite some time when I was back home before focusing on playing KH2FM on PS2 and reading Star Wars: Bloodline. After I caught up with those two, I just didn’t have the time to write this post anymore before 2017 has ended. At early 2018, I started to focus and write, and it got so long and I had to start afresh with this post (because it actually contains a lot about work which could be confidential). So here it is, very briefly:
31 December 2016
Yet another Year in Review post. I’ll keep it short.
See also my 2015 year in blogging generated by WordPress.
31 December 2015
So 2015 has came to an end. Oh man, this will be a really long post.
31 December 2013
Many things happened in 2013, just like in 2012. The following lists what have happened to me in 2013:
- January: The New Year holiday was spent with family and friends. After that I focused on the university entrance examinations. In end of January, NUS UEE was held.
- February: After NTU UEE in early February, here comes the Chinese New Year (packed with The Wonder of Science).
- March: I GOT ACCEPTED TO NTU! Besides, the school held the final school exam. I also held a mini programming contest at the programming club.
- April: I went to Jakarta to attend NTU Scholarship Interview, but I failed to get the scholarship. This month is the last month of studying in high school (my story of last day of school). After we got a national examinations, the school held a prom nite and our class held a farewell trip.
- May: the starting point of the transition from a high school student to a university student. I’ve done my CS188.1x: Artificial Intelligence, taught programming at the programming club, joined TWoS, restarted my LM project, started Introduction to Pyschology, and resurrecting the desktop computer. Like last year, I posted my thoughts for Vesak Day. By the way, I got the news that I’ve passed the National Examination.
- June started with me getting my report card and National Examination results; going for the first photo session with Mr. Johnson; continuing Introduction to Psychology; starting First Year Composition 2.0; stopping LM2 and starting LM2C. Next weeks, I continued the MOOCs; SSEC meeting (which resulted in drafting a “constitution”); and met seniors of NTU in an informal meeting.
- On July, I started many things while some old ones are finished or discontinued. On the 3rd week, my form-teacher, Mr. Manaek Nababan, passed away. On the last week of July, I tidied my stuffs; and started to supervise PJJ OSN.
- On August, I arrived at NTU, joined PINTU’s FOC, started many first things. Many events we held on the first weeks, e.g. NTUSU Welcome Week, NTUBS Welcome Tea, NTUBS subcomm recruitment, NTU OSS Welcome Tea, Hall XI Welcome Tea, NTUBS AGM, PINTU’s T-SPRAY.
- On September, OSN 2013 was held, this time I was watching the scoreboard movements hoping that my juniors can score well. Then, I bought new laptop! Also ordered a Microsoft Surface RT. I was getting more and more busier this month, hopefully the end of September is e-learning week and then recess week.
- My birthday is on October, and got celebrated. I finished many assignments, collected my Surface RT, then attended NTUBS Committee Day. End of October is the pre-climax of my semester.
- November started with the climax of my semester: quizzes, speech assignment, and presentation which I survived all of them. After that, the weeks are quite relaxing. The last classes were held, and there comes the revision week which ended with a first examination. November ended with more examinations.
- December started with the passing of my grandfather and the end of examinations, also the very first Indonesian SCE freshies outing. Before going back to my hometown, I joined a 4-day bootcamp held by NTU Ventures with speaker from Mozilla. In my hometown, the weeks are spent variously on playing games, developing game, and joining MOOC.
Here comes the end of 2013, happy new year 2014. This blog is never been this crowded before. Thank you for being an audience of my stories. May the blog be filled with more posts in terms of quantity and quality.
P.S. see my year in review from Facebook.